How Your Support Helps
Thanks to your support, Dana-Farber continues to set the pace in the fight against cancer. When you run for Dana-Farber or support one of our runners, you supply critical funds that enable the work of both the brightest minds in science and the most talented clinicians caring for patients confronting cancer. Ninety cents of every dollar raised for Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund goes directly to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has been the top ranked cancer hospital in New England by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years, and is the only cancer center in the country ranked in the top 4 for both adult and pediatric cancer programs.
- Enable Institute leaders to apply monies rapidly when promising new research opportunities arise; they provide the most forward-thinking form of support
- Advance Dana-Farber's signature total patient care philosophy by enhancing the programs and initiatives that serve patients and their families
- Support the core infrastructure and technologies that foster the exchange of ideas and information across the Institute
- Fund hundreds of important clinical trials each year
- Fund the development of new cancer-fighting drugs
- Invest in future cancer breakthroughs by providing flexible funding for Dana-Farber's areas of greatest need
- Support adult and pediatric survivorship programs
- Support Dana-Farber's unique research study, PROFILE, which allows doctors to learn more about the genetic causes of cancers and guides future treatments personalized to each patient
- Fund patient programs such as support groups, nutrition education, the pediatric "Back to School Program," fitness classes, creative arts programs, and other patient and family resources
Every mile makes a difference when you run for Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund. Sign up to run your next race as a member of our team, or support a Dana-Farber runner today!
Runner-raised funds support the Jimmy Fund unless arrangements are made in advance. If you have questions about where funds will be directed, please contact the Running Programs office.