How Your Support Helps
When you run for Dana-Farber or support one of our runners, you supply critical funds that enable the work of both the brightest minds in science and the most talented clinicians caring for patients confronting cancer.
Your financial contributions have helped Dana-Farber Cancer Institute rank as the #1 cancer center in New England by U.S.News & World Report for 12 consecutive years. Dana-Farber has logged approximately 350,000 adult and pediatric outpatient clinic visits and infusion treatments, and also offered 721 clinical trials that opened doors to new treatments for adult and pediatric patients.
Thanks to your support, Dana-Farber continues to make strides in the fight against cancer.
- Celebrated 10 years of Dana-Farber’s Mammography Van, which has provided more than 31,000 mammograms to women throughout metropolitan Boston
- Tested more than 3,000 patients’ tumor tissue for nearly 500 cancer-causing mutations in 41 cancer genes, generating data that will help us identify and develop targeted treatments that are the hallmark of personalized medicine
- Launched a mobile-friendly version of dana-farber.org to provide patients who use smartphones with easy access to physicians, appointments, and other patient services
- Used whole genome sequencing to obtain the first highly detailed view of genetic abnormalities causing or contributing to malignant melanoma
- Listed among health care institutions with the most nurses recognized in The Boston Globe’s 10th annual Salute to Nurses
Every dollar raised through Dana-Farber's running programs contributes to the financial resources necessary to accelerate Dana-Farber's pace of discovery, speed the application of scientific knowledge to help save lives, and expand the Institute's ability to provide its signature 50-50 balance between research and patient care. Eighty-nine cents of every dollar raised directly supports Dana-Farber's lifesaving mission.
You can help the many patients and families facing a difficult time. Please join us by supporting a runner, or signing up to run your next race for Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund. You are helping to conquer cancer.
Runner-raised funds support the Jimmy Fund unless arrangements are made in advance. If you have questions about where funds will be directed, please contact the Running Programs office.